Saturday, 21 March 2015

The Lamb of God!

I have loved the whole experience of being in the Lamb of God.

Before my operation last year, Andrew warned me that I would not longer be able to sing. This was only a small worry at the time as there was also a risk I would lose my voice completely if the cancer had spread to my vocal chords. Even months after the surgery I still could not sing. I had a normal speaking voice but when I would try to sing I would croak or squeak. This was quite funny for the most parts! I am pretty stubborn and I love to sing and so in Sacrament meetings at church Mum would be shocked to hear strange noises (all coming from my feeble attempts to join in a Hymn!)

I remember sitting at the wedding of Rebecca Wild and Dan Dudley. I was so happy they were getting married but as I struggled to sing I got upset. It was frustrating to me to no longer be able to do something I loved. 

Of course I realised that I had been blessed in many ways. My health was great and I had every other faculty. I sometimes would pray silently that one day I might sing again. I promised that if I could regain my voice I would use it more.
Second practice in Birmingham
 Well, soon my voice began to return. And soon after that they announced the Lamb of God auditions. I wasn't so sure anymore I wanted to use my voice in public! But I had promised and so I took the challenge. Auditioning was one of the hardest things I have done! I was so nervous! But Megan and Ally were so kind and put me at ease. And I made it!
"His Eye is on the Sparrow" I love this song and sang it often on my mission
The rehearsals have been amazing although tiring. We rehearse once in each month on a Saturday and from 10.30am-5.30pm. It is a long day! But...so worth it! Today was one of our last rehearsals. It was my first with the Orchestra present. It was one of the best moments of my life. Being in the middle of a group creating such beauty! As the Orchestra played one of the finale pieces I felt encircled by the music. The tones from the brass instruments were so warm they surrounded me and I closed my eyes for a moment to just feel the power of emotion that Rob Gardner and our choir can produce! I am so proud to be a part of this! Watch this space for the performance!

No comments:

Post a Comment