He is Risen! He is Risen!
I am so grateful for my knowledge of Jesus Christ. I have been raised knowing that Christ is real and that the correct and happy road is to follow Him. This is something that has seemed so real to me - what is blessing!
| |
| Greg Olsen's Jerusalem |
|
Like a great big puzzle I have been adding little piece by little piece to my understanding of Jesus Christ and all He has done for me. My Dads favourite image of him is this (above). It has been on my mind today. Jesus loved us so much! He knew us well and cared to offer himself as a sacrifice. As he prepared in his final days for what was to come he weeped over the sins of those he was to redeem. He weeped that they could not see him for who he was - and in rejecting him were rejecting his beloved Father in Heaven. In this picture my dad would tell me, Jesus was readying himself, for this moment. The task and very purpose for which he had come to the earth. At the point when the weight of the sins of me, and everyone who would ever live bore down on him he asked the Father to let the cup pass from him. Love. Love is what allowed him to go through with it. "we love him because he first loved us".
I know this is not just a story but the greatest act ever perfomed. Because of the Atonement I can be saved. I can be happy. I can change. Because of Him: everything is possible.
So, I stand all amazed. And I will try never to forget what was done for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment